NEMA, NTA, FRCN, others get new bosses
1 April 2017 National
President Buhari has appointed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as the Chairman of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA.
In a statement released by his special adviser on media and publicity, Femi Adesina, President Buhari also appointed Mustapha Yunusa Maihaja as the new Director-General of NEMA.
Other members of the NEMA Board are
– the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Engr. David Babachir Lawal;
– Captain Talba Alkali, representing Ministry of Transport and Aviation;
– Amb. Rabiu Dagari, Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
– Dr Ngozi Azadoh, Ministry of Health;
– Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido, Ministry of Interior;
– Engr. Ajisegiri Benson Akinloye; Ministry of Water Resources,
– Air Vice Marshal Emmanuel Anebi; Nigerian Armed Forces;
– and AIG Salisu Fagge Abdullahi, Nigerian Police Force.
In the same vein, President Buhari also approved new appointments on the board of the Nigeria Television Authority.
The new chairman of the board of NTA is former newspaper editor and ex-presidential spokesman, Chief Duro Onabule. Other executive directors of NTA include:
– Dr Steve Egbo, Administration and Training;
– Abdul Hamid Salihu Dembos, Marketing;
– Mohammed Labbo, News;
– Fatima M. Barda, Finance;
– Stephen Okoanachi, Engineering;
– and Wole Coker, Programmes.
At the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Aliyu Hayatu is new chairman, while Buhari Auwalu and Yinka Amosun, are Zonal Directors, Kaduna and Lagos, respectively.
Under the Ministry of Information and Culture, the following agencies have new appointees:
– Nigerian Film Corporation, Dr Chika Maduekwe, General Manager;
-‘National Theatre and National Troupe of Nigeria, Comrade Tar Ukoh, Artistic Director;
– National Council for Arts and Culture, Otunba Olusegun Runsewe, Director-General;
– National Film and Video Censors Board, Folorunsho Coker, Director-General.
The President’s spokesman said the appointments are to take immediate effect.
Like us on Facebook